Welcome to Madras Middle School Athletics!
- volleyball (girls)
- soccer (boys, girls)
- basketball (boys, girls)
- track (boys, girls)
- pep squad (8th grade)
- Each participant must have a certificate of an annual physical examination on file at the school prior to participating in athletic try-outs, practices, or games that indicates the student is physically approved for participation
- Physical exams will be good for twelve months from the date of the exam. EXCEPTION: any physical examination taken on or after April 1 in the preceding year will be accepted for the following (GHSA) school year.
- The physical exam must be conducted by a licensed medical physician, or doctor of Osteopathic medicine, or a physician's assistant.
- The exam must be signed and dated by a doctor, but the doctor's stamp is acceptable if it is in script, and information appears elsewhere on the form identifying him or her as a medical doctor.
- It is required that all students use the physical examination form approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics that is found in the GHSA Forms Notebook. The form must have “Revised 7/1/2005 Mandatory” in the upper left corner of the History page.
- Form includes extra-curricular authorization and injury awareness along with proof of insurance (signed by parent or legal guardian)
3. Warning Video Statement (signed by parent or legal guardian)
- All student athletes' parent/guardian must view the current year warning film and sign this form stating they have full understanding of the dangers involved in participating athletics.
- Watch Athletic Warning Video (REQUIRED) You may need to download Quicktime to watch the film. Please be patient; it may take a few minutes to load. To download Quicktime click here.
4. Hot Weather Practice Procedures Certificate of Receipt (signed by parent or legal guardian)
- All parents must sign this form stating they understand hot weather practice procedures and return it to the head coach before students can participate.
5. Student/Parent Concussion Awareness Form (new requirement for 2013-2014)
- Parents (or legal guardian) and student athlete are required to sign the Student/Parent Concussion Awareness Form stating they have read and understand the dangers of concussions, the common signs and symptoms of concussions, and the GHSA Concussion Policy.
- Keep guidelines; return contract signed by parent/legal guardian and student.
7. Copy of Report Card from the Previous Semester
(Athletic Forms: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the athletic forms. The program is a free download.)