A message from our principal, Mrs. Lassetter
Our motto is “Soaring to Success” and our Mission Statement is “NCES – Newnan Crossing Expects Success, and we are committed to helping each student find success. Please help us by making this a productive year for your child. We know student success evolves from committed teachers and students, but nothing is more important than parental involvement. I encourage you to talk with your child each day about school, read with your child, check and sign the agenda each night, and make sure all homework is complete.
Each student in grades K-5th will receive an agenda. The agenda is an excellent organizational tool for all students and a great communication tool for parents. Each day, students will record their assignments and any other pertinent information in the agenda. Please check your child’s agenda each night and sign it. This will enable you not only to monitor your child’s school work, but it will help you also to stay informed of school activities.
Two of our major goals are to provide a safe/nurturing environment and to provide a program of instruction that benefits all students. Parents are very important in helping us achieve these two goals.
1) Please drop off car rider students in the designated car rider area located on the side (see map in NCES packet you received at orientation) or if you wish you may park and walk your child in, please enter through the side door at the car rider area. You may park in the parking lot. For safety reasons, please do not drop off your children in the parking lot. If you park, you will need to escort your child across the crosswalk to the school door. Children may be dropped off between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
2) If you are visiting your child at school, please enter through the front door, sign in, and receive a visitor badge.
3) During car rider pick-up in the afternoon, please pull around and stay in line. Please allow us to bring your child to you in the car rider area. Please do not exit your cars.
4) Please refrain from signing your child out after 2:00 p.m. unless it is an extreme emergency.
5) If your child’s transportation home needs to be changed, a note must be sent to your child’s teacher with a parent phone number, signature, and date on the note. For the safety of your child, we are unable to accept transportation changes by phone, fax, or email. Transportation changes should be made only for extreme emergencies.
Instruction begins at 8:00 a.m. Children need time to enter the classrooms and get in “school mode.” Let’s work together to assist your child with his learning time by arriving before 8:00 a.m. If your child is tardy, please escort him/her to the front office and pick-up a tardy slip. This enables us to count them present instead of absent. Regular school attendance and being on time greatly benefits all children! We need your assistance in accomplishing this goal.
If you would like to volunteer at NCES, let your child’s teacher know. Please know that younger children not attending NCES should not be brought to the school during instructional time – 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
We are very proud of the hard work and commitment from our students, parents, and teachers that make our school a success. On our school website, you can find the following information: Title I Plan, Parent Involvement Plan, School Improvement Plan, and information concerning our test scores. This information is also posted in the front hallway at the school. If you have any questions please contact me. As always let’s work together to help our children at Newnan Crossing “Soar to Success.”