A message from our principal, Mrs. Lassetter
Our motto is “Soaring to Success”, and we at Newnan Crossing are committed to helping each student find success. Please help us by making this a productive year for your child. We know student success evolves from committed teachers and students, but nothing is more important than parental involvement. I encourage you to talk with your child each day about school, read with your child, check and sign the agenda each night, and make sure all homework is complete.
Each student in grades K-5th will receive an agenda. The agenda is an excellent organizational tool for all students and a great communication tool for parents. Each day, students will record their assignments and any other pertinent information in the agenda. Please check your child’s agenda each night and sign it. This will enable you not only to monitor your child’s school work, but it will help you also to stay informed of school activities.
- Please drop off car rider students in the designated car rider area located on the side (see map in NCES packet you received at orientation) or if you wish you may park walk your child in, please enter through the side door at the car rider area. You may park in the parking lot. For safety reasons, please do not drop off your children in the parking lot. Children should be dropped off between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- If you are visiting your child at school, please enter through the front door and sign in and receive a visitor badge.
- During car rider pick-up in the afternoon, please pull around and stay in line. Please allow us to bring your child to you in the car rider area. Please do not exit your cars. Also, please post your child’s sign in your car window for afternoon pickup if your child is a car rider. You will be given two car rider signs for your child. Please keep these signs for the year. Requests for additional signs cost $1. See Mrs. Redding in the front office.
- Please refrain from signing your child out after 2:00 p.m. unless it is an extreme emergency.
- If your child’s transportation home needs to be changed, a note must be sent to your child’s teacher with a parent phone number and signature and date on the note. For the safety of your child, we are unable to accept transportation changes by phone, fax or email. Transportation changes should be made only for extreme emergencies.
- Please notify your child’s teacher in writing of any transportation changes for the afternoon.
Instruction begins at 8:00 a.m. Children need time to enter the classrooms and get in “school mode.” Let’s work together to assist your child with his learning time by arriving before 8:00 a.m. If your child is tardy, please escort him/her to the front office and pick-up a tardy slip. This enables us to count them present instead of absent. Regular school attendance and being on time greatly benefits all children! We need your assistance in accomplishing this goal.
If you would like to volunteer at NCES, let your child’s teacher know. Please know that younger children not attending NCES should not be brought to the school during instructional time – 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
Newnan Crossing is a Title I Distinguished School and has made AYP (adequate yearly progress) for eight consecutive years. We are very proud of the hard work and commitment from our students, parents and teachers which make our school a success. On our school website, you can find the following information: Title I Plan, Parent Involvement Plan, School Improvement Plan and information concerning our test scores. This information is also posted in the front hallway at the school. If you have any questions, please contact me.
As always let’s work together to help our children at Newnan Crossing “Soar to Success.”
Last Updated (Wednesday, 29 September 2010 18:28)